We will soon provide termite fumgation services to Corona, Ontario and Riverside!
Tent fumigation has been proven to be the most effective way to fully eradicate Drywood termites and bed bugs. Your home is covered for three days and fumigants are pumped into the structure, killing your termites. Vikane gas fumigant is used because of its ability to penetrate the structure, reaching termites and other pests where traditional pesticides cannot. Vikane rapidly penetrates through wood members of the structure to kill pests through suffocation. After fumigation, Vikane leaves no residues, a common worry with fumigants.
Your fumigation will begin with a licensed technician providing a full inspection of your residence and property. During the inspection, all problem areas will be identified, as well as potential termite harborages. Your inspector will create a customized plan of action for the fumigation of your home. Each year, nearly 100,000 fumigations are conducted each year in California. Costs for termite control and repair of damage from drywood termites in California exceeds $300 million annually and are projected to increase! Scientists have shown that fumigation is a reliable and complete method for elimination of infestations of drywood termites and other pests such as wood-destroying beetles and bed bugs. Products like Vikane are preferred for fumigation in southern California because they leave no residue behind after the tenting process has ended.
Preparation For Fumigation
Taking the following steps prior to fumigation helps ensure its success, resulting in the elimination of drywood termites from your home. The day before fumigation, water and cut back foliage, shrubbery and landscaping at least 18 inches from the structure to allow room for the tarps.
On the day of fumigation:
- Remove all plants from your home, including those on outdoor patios.
- Evacuate all people and pets from the structure.
- Remove mattresses completely enveloped in plastic, such as baby mattresses with waterproof covers, or remove the covers themselves.
- Remove or double-bag any food, feed, drugs and medicinals in special Nylofume nags your fumigator provides. You do not need to bag or remove items in plastic, glass, or metal bottles, cans of jars with the original manufacturer’s airtight seal intact.
- Seal the Nylofume bags one at a time by twisting the tops, or folding down and sealing with tape, twisty ties, string or rubber bands. DO NOT TIE BAGS IN A KNOT. Your fumigator can provide special instructions on proper bagging procedures for you.
- Double-bag cold and frozen foods and leave them in the refrigerator and freezer to make it easier to stack the bags inside.
- Be sure to remove or double-bag anything that will be ingested (medicine, spices, ect.)